Information posted on ForbiddenAds is obviously publicly available. Our computers are currently located in the United States but we will soon be holding personal data on computers in the United States. The laws on holding personal data in the United States may be less stringent than the laws applicable to the UK but ForbiddenAds will hold and transmit your information in a safe, confidential and secure environment. Therefore, if you choose to provide us with personal information, you are consenting to the transfer and storage of that information on our computers in either the United Kingdom or the United States.
We collect and store the following personal information:
- Email address, computer sign-on data, physical contact information, and (depending on the service used) sometimes financial information;
- Other information, including users IP address and standard web log information.
We use users' personal information to:
- Provide our services;
- Resolve disputes and troubleshoot problems;
- Encourage safe trading and enforce our policies;
- Customize users' experience, measure interest in our services, and inform users about services and updates;
- Communicate marketing and promotional offers to you;
- Do other things for users as described when we collect the information.
We don't sell or rent users' personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes. We may disclose personal information to respond to legal requirements, enforce our policies, respond to claims that a posting or other content violates other's rights, or protect anyone's rights, property, or safety. We may also share personal information with:
- Corporate affiliates who help detect and prevent potentially illegal acts and provide joint services.
- Service providers who help with our business operations.
Using Information from ForbiddenAds
You may use personal information gathered from ForbiddenAds only to follow up with another user about a specific posting, not to send spam or collect personal information from someone who hasn't agreed to that.
If you do not wish to receive marketing communications from us, you can simply email us at any time.
We use many tools to protect your personal information against unauthorized access and disclosure, but as you probably know, nothing's perfect, so we make no guarantees.
We may update this policy at any time, with updates taking effect when you next post or after 30 days, whichever is sooner. If we or our corporate affiliates are involved in a merger or acquisition, we may share personal information with another company, and this other company shall be entitled to share your personal information with other companies but at all times otherwise respecting your personal information in accordance with this policy.